By Fr. Frank Natale, MSC
Lent: A Twofold Character – BAPTISM & PENANCE!
I invite you to use these remaining days directing and focusing your penitential practices in a better understanding of your BAPTISM.
- Find the name of the church where you were baptized, also known as your Mother Parish. If possible visit it during this Lenten Season.
- Call your Baptism parish and request to know the dates of your Initiation Sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, First Holy Communion. Seek out pictures if possible of your sacramental days.
- Reflect upon the date of your Baptism, remembering this most special day.
- Take time during this Lenten Season, reflecting what it would mean for you to renew your Baptismal commitment this Easter.
- You may wish to seek out those in the RCIA Program and get to know who has been preparing to receive their Initiation Sacraments this Easter.
- Some of your religious and Catholic friends could talk about being committed to spending Lent aware of these “two strands.”
- These people could read articles and discuss the “two strands” of Lent, and have discussions that center on sharing the stories of their own Baptism.